On Wednesday we had a slight smattering of snow - maybe 1 inch. Hundreds of motorists crashed, got stranded, crashed into others, spun out, flipped over and slid off the road into the brush - due to 1 inch of snow.
Today is Friday, Mother Nature and Mr. Freeze have gotten together and decided the mid-atlantic region needs a lesson in northern winter weather patterns. The estimates begin at 16 and go up from there. More than 400 situations with 1 inch, what on earth can we expect from the DMV residents with 16 inches or more. . . Armageddon, the Apocalypse, Hades freezing over?
Now for a tasty treat that even the snow cannot beat. from my friend Rose
Mediterranean Lettuce Wrap
Today I’m sharing a savory and refreshing recipe that is the perfect meal to get you beach ready. I recommend roasting your own bell pepper, since most store bought roasted bell peppers are packaged in oil. To do so simply throw it on the grill until soft and then peel the skin after it cools.
Remember that all of that hard work that you put into your workouts can quickly and easily be lost on unhealthy eating – which is why it’s so important to enjoy light, healthy meals like this one often.
Here’s what you need . . .
- 1 large leaf of lettuce
- 2 slices lean turkey
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, cut into 4 segments
- 2 tablespoons garlic hummus
- 1 tablespoon olive tapenade
- Lay the lettuce leaf flat and spread with 1 tablespoon of hummus. Place the turkey slices on the lettuce and spread with remaining hummus. Sprinkle the olive tapenade over the turkey and top with the roasted bell pepper.
- Wrap the lettuce, use a tooth pick to hold it together.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 170 calories, 6g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 15g protein.